If you’re feeling stressed or nervous during these days of COVID-19, you’re not alone. Uncertainty and the sense of not being safe — not to mention physical distancing, round-the-clock news and empty grocery shelves — are stressful. What you’re feeling is common around the world.
We know you’re looking for ways to take care of yourself and #BeTheDifference. We’ve compiled these tips from the Mental Health First Aid curriculum to help you care for your own and your loved ones’ mental health.
If you or someone you care about feels overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression or anxiety, or like you want to harm yourself or others call 911.
You can also contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or text MHFA to 741741 to talk to a Crisis Text Line counselor.
**For Local Crisis Help in East Central Minnesota https://adultmentalhealth.org/crisis-services/
**Just need someone to talk to?
For more information and resources from MHFA during this difficult time, read these new resources on our blog:
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing
- How Do I Know Someone is Experiencing Anxiety or Depression?
- How to Help Someone with Anxiety or Depression During COVID-19
- How to Support a Loved One Going Through a Tough Time During COVID-19
For more information on COVID-19, please visit these resources:
- The National Council for Behavioral Health: Resources for COVID-19
- World Health Organization: Rolling updates on coronavirus disease
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Situation Summary
We will continue to share resources and tips as they become available. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Thank you for choosing to #BeTheDifference,
Mental Health First Aid
For HELP in EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA
In a life threatening situation or medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
CRISIS phone line:
Call 800 523-3333 or text the word “MN” to 741741
Just need to talk to someone?
Wellness in the Woods 5:pm – 9:am Daily 844-739-6369
Minnesota NAMI Warmline 4:pm – 8:pm Thur – Sun 888-334-7754
Mental Health Advocacy Minnesota Warmline 5:pm-10:pm Mon – Sat 877-404-3190
Click here for additional information