NAMI Family to Family Online Course
The May 4th class was quickly filled by your efforts. You were so successful a waiting list was needed. No doubt there will be another class in May. Please have anyone interested reach out to Marilyn email@example.com.
Learn about mental illnesses, the brain, treatment, and resources to help a loved one living with a mental illness. Attendees will also build communication skills, reduce stress, find support and discover the common Stages of Emotional Responses when supporting someone with a mental illness.
SIGN UP TODAY! ONLINE CLASS STARTS in MAY 2020!
This workshop meets weekly for two and a half hours for 8 weeks, and is for family and friends of an adult living with a mental illness. We offer several Family to Family classes in various locations in Minnesota twice per year in the fall and winter/spring. The classes have a cap of 25 participants. You may join up to the 2nd week only, then the class is closed.
This course will be online for 8 Weeks. Mondays, 6:30-9:00 PM. The May 4, 2020 class is full. Please note we will offer another web class starting in May if there are enough participants. Contact Marilyn at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 10, 2020 for a short interview.
Note: You will need
- a smart phone(with camera),
- or a tablet (with camera and high speed internet connection),
- or a laptop/desktop (PC or Apple OK) with a high speed connection
- And the Zoom application, it is Free
- Share on Facebook and other social media
- Forward this email to friends and family
- At work, let your co-workers, and maybe HR department, know about the class
- Put a poster up at church-oops that doesn’t work right now– maybe get a notice in your church bulletin
- Note: we had a person participate from Arizona last fall online- so you don’t have to be in MN
- Note: almost all NAMI classes are free including this one
Also there are additional online classes, visit: https://namimn.org/education-public-awareness/classes/scheduled/
For HELP in EAST CENTRAL MINNESOTA
In a life threatening situation or medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
CRISIS phone line:
Call 800 523-3333 or text the word “MN” to 741741
Just need to talk to someone?
Wellness in the Woods 5:pm – 9:am Daily 844-739-6369
Minnesota NAMI Warmline 4:pm – 8:pm Thur – Sun 888-334-7754
Mental Health Advocacy Minnesota Warmline 5:pm-10:pm Mon – Sat 877-404-3190
Click here for additional information