Saturday April 30, 2022; 9:30am-3:30pm
Join NAMI Minnesota for a Free and Virtual Super Saturday Education Conference. This online event is designed to meet the needs of biological, foster and adoptive parents, family members, paraprofessionals, and others who care for children & youth with behavioral and mental health concerns.
Format: One week before the event, participants will receive an email with the electronic event program. The program will contain the links to join the live educational sessions and wellness events. All educational sessions will be recorded and made available to everyone who registers.
9:30 am – Educational Sessions
- Salud Mental 101 presented by Fanny Fernandez (1 hour)
- Understanding the Children’s Mental Health System presented by Jim Grathwol (1.5 hours)
- Transitions: Supporting Your Child with Mental Illness into Adulthood presented by Mary Lillo (1.5 hours)
- Mental Health Crisis Planning for Families presented by Renee Labat (1.5 hours)
- Understanding Early Episode Psychosis for Families presented by Nancy Howe (2 hours)
11:00am-11:30am – Wellness Activity
- Yoga for Youth and Family Members/ Yoga para Jóvenes y sus Familiares presented by SomaYoga Instructor, Sophia Silva (30 minutes)
- Nami Moments Videos and Lunch (1 hour)
12:30pm – Educational Sessions
- Ansiedad y Depresión presented by Renee Labat & Fanny Fernandez (1 hour)
- Mental Health 101 presented by Pere Letayian (1 hour)
- You are the Expert: How to Successfully Advocate for Your Child presented by Jim Grathwol (1.5 hours)
- Early Warning Signs of Mental Illness in Youth presented by Mary Lillo (1.5 hours)
- Special Education presented by Nancy Howe (2 hours)
2:30pm-3:00pm – Wellness Activity
- Art Therapy/ Terapia artística presented by Art Therapy Instructor Geraldine Jerez (30 minutes)
- Closing Video: A Message of Hope (30 minutes)
CRISIS phone line:
Call 800 523-3333
Or text the word “MN” to 741741
In a life threatening situation or medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
Just need to talk?
Wellness in the Woods 5:pm – 9:am Daily 844-739-6369
Minnesota NAMI Warmline 4:pm – 8:pm Thur – Sun 888-334-7754
Mental Health Advocacy Minnesota Warmline 5:pm-10:pm Mon – Sat 877-404-3190