May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
Each year millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness.
1 in 5 Americans will be affected by a mental health condition in their lifetime and every American is affected or impacted through their friends and family. Take action today to help others as we fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care.
Throughout May, NAMI and participants across the country are raising awareness for the importance of mental health. Each year we fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care. And, each year, the movement grows stronger.
Help us spread the word through the many awareness, support and advocacy activities below. There are many things that you can do:
- Learn more about the prevalence and impact of mental illnesses here!
- Wear GREEN, the color of Mental Health Awareness!
- The StigmaFree campaign is NAMI’s effort to end stigma and create hope for those affected by mental illness. Take the StigmaFree Pledge
- It’s important for people living with mental health conditions to know that they are not alone. Share your story here.
- Get involved in NAMI Minnesota’s advocacy efforts. Sign up for our Legislative Update e-newsletter here.
- It’s not too early! Sign up for the largest mental health event in the State. NAMIWalks will be held on Saturday, September 28nd, 2019 at Minnehaha Falls. Sign up here!
Already have plans for Mental Health Awareness Month? Let us know what you’re up to by visiting and posting on our NAMI Minnesota Facebook page!
For Mental Wellness HELP in East Central Minnesota
In a life threatening situation or medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
CRISIS phone line:
Call 800 523-3333 or text the word “MN” to 741741
Just need to talk to someone?
Wellness in the Woods 5:pm – 9:am Daily 844-739-6369
Minnesota NAMI Warmline 4:pm – 8:pm Thur – Sun 888-334-7754
Mental Health Advocacy Minnesota Warmline 5:pm-10:pm Mon – Sat 877-404-3190
Click here for additional information