Today, let’s reduce the stigma associated with suicide; and let people who are struggling know that they are not alone.
Every 40 seconds someone loses their life to suicide.
Here are some ideas:
- If you are struggling, take 40 seconds to kick-start a conversation with someone you trust about how you are feeling.
- If you know someone who has lost a loved one to suicide, take 40 seconds to start a conversation and ask them how they are doing.
- If you are an employer or manager, take 40 seconds to formulate a positive message of support to your employees about resources available to them in the workplace or local community in times of mental distress.
Key facts and figures:
- Suicides are preventable.
- One person dies by suicide every 40 seconds.
- A prior suicide attempt is an important risk factor for suicide.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-29 year-olds.
CRISIS phone line:
Local Crisis Help 800 523-3333
Text: “MN” to 741741
Or call or text 988
In a life threatening situation or medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
Just need to talk?
Wellness in the Woods 5:pm – 9:am Daily 844-739-6369
Minnesota NAMI Warmline 4:pm – 8:pm Thur – Sun 888-334-7754
Mental Health Advocacy Minnesota Warmline 5:pm-10:pm Mon – Sat 877-404-3190