NAMI Family-to-Family Workshop
September 9,2019 through November 25, 2019
6:30pm to 9:00pm
Christ the King Catholic Church Parish Hall
- How to solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Supporting your loved one with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- How to handle a crisis
- Current treatments and therapies
- The impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
Learn about mental illnesses, the brain, treatment, and resources to help a loved one living with a mental illness. Attendees will also build communication skills, reduce stress, find support, and discover the common stages of emotional responses when supporting someone with a mental illness.
This workshop meets weekly for 2 1/2 hours for 12 weeks and is for family and friends of an adult living with a mental illness.
The class is being held September 9 thru November 25, 2019 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM at Christ the King Catholic Church Parish Hall 315 Fern St. N., Cambridge, MN 55008
Free but registration required.
Please contact Doug at (612)310-5707
Or Sandee at (763)689-8684